Training outcomes: The students will receive instruction that will enable them to gain proficiency and/ or receive exposure of the skills and competencies related to employers' needs. Upon completion of this course and passing of the Praxis exam, students will be certified as a Paraprofessionals for the state of ND, as required by ND Department of Public Instruction. Participants will receive a ND Certificate of Completion.
Certified Nursing Assistant Classes
- The Certified Nursing Assistant program consists of 51 classroom hours and 24 clinical hours.
- Participants will receive completion certificate from North Valley Career & Technology Center. Participants will also receive certification from the Board of Nursing if they pass the certification testing.
- The focus of the training is the knowledge needed for CDL Certification.
- Students completing the course will receive a Certificate of Training from NCTCT.
- The commercial drivers license is issued by the Department of Transportation upon completions of the DOT administered Driving Exam.
Intro to Industry Welding
- The students will receive instruction that will enable them to gain proficiency and or receive exposure of the skills and competencies related to employers needs.
- Students will complete class projects utilizing industrial applications to attain the following skills:
- Oxy-acetylene cutting on mild steel plates
- Shielded metal Arc Welding Process (Stick)
- Gas and Metal Arc Welding (Wire feed)
For more information or questions, please contact Theresa Hickman, at 701-352-3705 Ext. 410, Theresa.Hickman@k12.nd.us